Dynamics D365 Finance & Operations predictive and prescriptive insights to serve and anticipate customer centric experiences that drive revenue, and improve customer satisfaction.
D365 F&O is Microsoft’s most advanced ERP solution. From order to cash, it includes Sales & Marketing, Human Capital Management, Financials, Production Control, Procurement, Inventory & Warehouse Management, and Transportation Management in a cloud solution that embeds advanced analytics and seamlessly integrates Office 365 (e.g., Excel, Teams), the Power Platform (PowerApps, Power Automate, and PowerBI) and other applications (Dataverse, aka, Common Data Service (CDS)).
In addition to being a fully functioning ERP, D365 F&O surfaces predictive and prescriptive insights to serve and anticipate customer centric experiences that drive revenue, and improve customer satisfaction. These insights also drive improved operations by avoiding costly, and avoidable events (e.g., machine downtime) that improve profitability. D365 F&O federates and democratizes analytic services (Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning) to drive Digital Transformation across all functional areas that help surface problems or anomalies and sometimes, avoid them altogether (through predictive/prescriptive action).
D365 F&O introduced a “One Version” architecture (in 2018) and update cadence which enables customers to stay current with platform and application updates. For competitive ERPs targeting mid-size and enterprise clients, this is unprecedented. Previously, companies would become “version locked” and customizations would often make the subsequent new version upgrade more complex, expensive and time consuming. Not so with D365 F&O’s One Version and Extension architecture which eliminates virtually all conflicts and again allows customers to take advantage of the many new features included in new releases. This is a huge advantage at a time when change, development, and digital transformation are accelerating and requiring constant changes and pivots to gain a competitive advantage.
Microsoft also publishes a roadmap to help companies research, understand, and plan for upcoming product enhancements (and, deprecated features). This includes Independent Software Vendor (ISV) solutions being OEMed by Microsoft and then added to D365 F&O.
Microsoft AppSource is a marketplace that contains thousands of business applications and services built by software vendors. It includes apps built for Microsoft Azure, Dynamics 365, Microsoft 365, Power BI, Power Apps, and consulting services from Microsoft partners.
Why Choose Dynamics 365 Finance
Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance includes modules specific to:
- General Ledger
- Cash and Bank Management
- Fixed Assets
- Accounts Payable
- Accounts Receivable
- Consolidations and Financial
- Operational Reporting
In addition to being a world-class financial management solution, it incorporates advanced analytics and visualizations that more quickly surface trends, patterns and causality. This leads to predictive and prescriptive decisions that lead to customer success, growth and mitigating risk.
- Application Design
- Application Development
- Application Enhancements
- Application Re-Engineering
- Application Rollouts/Extensions
- Application Data Migrations
- Application Upgrades & Enhancements
- Application Implementation
- Application Security
- Application Maintenance and Support
- Strategic/Consulting & Solutioning
Benefits of Using Dynamics 365 Finance & Operations (D365 F&O)
- Drive strategic financial decisions: You can assess the health of your business, improve financial controls, optimize cashflow, and make strategic decisions to drive growth faster. You achieve this growth with Dynamics 365 Finance’s unified, global, real-time financial reporting, AI embedded analytics, and predictive insights.
- Unify and automate financial processes: You enable smarter, faster actions and decisions with role-based workspaces that show interactive data visualization. These visualizations give you a high-level view of your key business metrics and the ability to monitor and improve the health of your business. This awareness allows you to prioritize and automate tasks to save time, reduce errors, and increase productivity with integrated tools and applications, such as Office 365.
- Decrease global financial complexity and risk: You can adapt to changing local and global financial requirements quickly with a flexible, guided, rules-based chart of accounts and dimensions. This tracking helps you manage your financial operations accurately even with regulatory requirements that change often. The no-code configuration service simplifies regulatory and tax reports, e-invoicing, and payments.
- Accelerate your business growth: With robust financial intelligence and embedded analytics in real time, you can adapt to changing market demands quickly and drive rapid business growth by unifying global financials and operations. It allows people to make fast, informed decisions.
Dynamics 365 Finance gives you the tools, functionality and insight to transform your business. If necessary, it provides integration with external solutions using standards-based APIs (e.g. Common Data Service – aka “DataVerse”) to enable synchronous communication. The Power Platform also adds workflow automation (Power Automate) and a low-code/no-code option (PowerApps) to easily extend functionality.
The following figure outlines the key business functions of Dynamics 365 Finance.
If you want to learn more about other Dynamics 365 apps, we recommend the Microsoft Dynamics 365 Fundamentals learning path, where you can also learn about cloud concepts, and Power Platform
Brightpoint Infotech Competency
- Experienced Dynamics ERP (AX4, AX2009, AX2012 & D365 F&O; Navision/Business Central; Great Plains) and Microsoft CRM consultants
- Tier 1, Direct Cloud Solution Provider
- Microsoft Silver partner
- Over 200+ clients across the world since 2006
- Digital Transformation Solutions